After a successful American premiere of 300 el x 50 el x 30 el in September theater company and Toneelhuis associated collective FC Bergman will travel to Australia in 2023, during the Adelaide Festival with The Sheep Song. The collective is continuing to work on an impressive international track.
The FC Bergman collective made 300 el x 50 el x 30 el for the 2011 Antwerpse Kleppers festival in the space of just one month.
The wordless production spent five years on tour in Greece, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Poland, UK and the Netherlands and made in 2022 its US premiere at BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) in New York.
A village that is gripped by the fear of an imminent flood. What happens inside the houses is shown on a large screen. Theatre and film are spectacularly interwoven. With a number of prominent guest actors, eighty extras and an entire village on stage. An experience, a trip.
Bold, biblical, bizarre
"With a dark, disconcerting humour – not a million miles from an art-house League of Gentleman – 300 el x 50 el x 30 el peels back the surface of rural life to both sympathise with and sneer at those that live there."
"The cryptic title refers to the dimensions of Noah’s ark as described in the Bible, and the scale is appropriately awe-inspiring: The village that New York audiences will discover in “300 el x 50 el x 30 el” will accommodate a cast of 15, supplemented by scores of locally hired extras, live pigeons and, of course, that forest."
"Theatre of the appetite that knows no bounds. (…) FC Bergman is a bunch of show-offs. At the invitation of Toneelhuis, they made a brand-new play for the Antwerpse Kleppers festival and they did it in just one month. (…) David Lynch, Lars von Trier, Martin Mc Donagh, Roy Andersson, the associative imagination, the cinematic surprise shoot into action seat by seat. As does the trolley-mounted camera. In a continuous circular movement it reveals the inside of six miserable hovels where slices of life are served up. In the undergrowth pointless movement. A live event takes shape, a visual spectacle unfolds."
"A bombardment of wordless images which compound into a sinister play about a community in the grip of a secret fear."
"Unnerving, eccentric and funny, 300 el x 50 el x 30 el clearly shows why FC Bergman has acquired such a good reputation in a very short space of time."
"The images are impressive and beautiful. A sense of unease descends upon the auditorium, settling here and there in the form of goose pimples or hairs standing up on the back of your neck. There is often a great deal of laughter, too, triggered by the absurdity and audacity of a series of very able guest actors."
by and with
- Bart Hollanders
- Joé Agemans
- Marie Vinck
- Thomas Verstraeten
- Matteo Simoni
- Stef Aerts
- Joe Agemans / Stef Aerts / Matteo Simoni / Marie Vinck
- / Niels Antonissen / Judith Van Herck
- Wim Verachtert / Gregory Frateur
- Paul Kuijer / John Bogaerts
- Gert Portael
- Herwig Ilegems / Frank Focketyn
- Noor ben taouet / Shana Van Looveren
- Maurice Luijten / Storm Haazen / Cedric Van Den Abbeele / Cas Slachmuylders /
- Mo Bakker/ Leon Van Mieghem / Mattis Devoldere Contesse
- Evelien Bosmans / Julia Akkermans / Celine Verbeeck/
- Clara Cleymans / Laura François
- Mieke De Groote / Elsemieke Scholte / Marijke Pinoy /
- Bien de Moor / Karen Vanparys
- Gert Winckelmans / Matteo Simoni
- Ramona Verkerk
- Arne Focketyn / Maurice Luijten / Jonas Vermeulen
- Greg Timmermans / Flor Decleir/ Yorrith de Bakker
- Eddy Vereycken / Frank Focketyn / Stef Lernous / Ruud Gielens / Luc Agemans
- Bart Hollanders / Jeroen Perceval
- Oscar Van Rompay / Ward Weemhoff / Stef Aerts / Matthieu Sys
- FC Bergman
- Matthijs Kuyer
- Diego Dezuttere / Kris Dechamps / Thomas Verstraeten
- Maarten Mertens
- Monique Van Hassel
- Judith Van Herck
endsong written & composed by
- Gregory Frateur, Hannes d’Hoine & Tijs Delbeke
- Gregory Frateur
- Celine van der Poel
- Celine van der Poel
- Alissa Coessens / Frauke Scheldeman / Kristien Borgers / Sarah Ivens
sound and video technique
- Paul Van caudenberg / Roel Snellebrand/ Ben Smets
- / Diederik Hoppenbrouwers / Maarten Meeussen
- Henk Vandecaveye / Philippe De Witte / Diederik Suykens
- Niels Antonissen / Kobi Gruyaert / Friedemann Koch / Sabbo Verleye
technical production management
- Henk Vandecaveye / Ken Hioco
- FC Bergman